Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Sorry this post is so late. It was a very busy afternoon/evening with no web access.

Homework:
   Math:   - lesson 10 and corrections from previous math pages (I try to
                      mark the pages needing corrections with post-it notes on
                      the side of the page. When they've corrected it they should
                      move the post-it to the top of the page.)
               - test is scheduled for Thursday
   Spelling:  due Thursday
  
Parent-Teacher Interviews:
I am still missing 6 papers regarding parent-teacher interview requests.  If you are not planning on attending, could you please email me. I don't have anymore spots available on Thursday evening. I have meetings starting at 5:00pm and going right until 8:00 pm.  I do have spots available on both Thursday and Friday afternoons.

Weekly Work Book and Home Reading Log:
I have several students that are not filling in their Weekly Review sheet completely and not bringing their Weekly Work Book home on Fridays and back to school (signed by a parent/guardian) on Mondays. If you are not seeing the yellow duo-tang come home on Friday, could you please ask your child where it is and why it is not being brought home.  If it's not brought to school on Monday, I expect it to be brought home on Monday and returned on Tuesday.

I am having a similar problem with the Home Reading Logs.  They should be brought to school every Tuesday so that I can record their reading for the week.  I would really appreciate your help with these two situations.

Math Corrections:
I am looking for two (or more) parents that would be willing to come in and review the math corrections that students have made.  It would be once per week for about 45 min - 1 hour on Tuesdays or Wednesdays. If there were 4 available parents then each could come in every second week. If you are interested in helping out with this very time consuming but important job, please email me and we can set a time that works for everyone.