Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Welcome to Division 5!

I am so happy to welcome so many fantastic kids to the class this year! I'm hoping that I'll get to meet many family members at the class picnic on September 19.  Please let me know (email or a note with your child) if your family is able to attend the picnic or the "Meet the Teacher" meeting (or hopefully both).

I sent home 4 notices on Monday.  Please let me know if you didn't receive them.

We are now collecting for school supplies, YPC and agendas. If you need to defer the payment for a week (or even two or three) please let us know. 

Homework:
Math:       practise addition and subtraction number facts (play addition or subtraction war, play cribbage or do some practise on-line)

Reading:  read to self (for at least 10 minutes) we are working on building up our stamina when reading on our own
                 read aloud (we will be spending time practising reading to someone at school as well, focusing on pausing at punctuation and using appropriate expression and emphasis on words)

PE:          have proper PE strip
                be active (at least 15 minutes)